China Media Bulletin
A monthly update of press freedom news and analysis related to China
Freedom House’s monthly China Media Bulletin provides unique insight on censorship, media freedom, and internet freedom issues related to the People’s Republic of China. Drawing on both English and Chinese-language sources, each issue includes:
- A feature article offering analysis on a major development or emerging trend
- A photo that was circulated widely in China—but then censored
- Succinct summaries of important news related to print journalism, broadcast media, internet censorship, netizen activism, and upcoming legislation
- A “Beyond China” section tracking the Chinese government’s growing engagement in censorship, propaganda, and media investments around the world
- A “What to Watch For” section flagging upcoming events and potential trends
Since its inception in 2010, the China Media Bulletin has informed tens of thousands of readers in over 40 countries—including journalists, policymakers, scholars, business executives, and interested citizens.
Subscribe here to receive the bulletin in your inbox each month and better understand what is happening in one of the world’s most important, complex, and fascinating media environments.