Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We support the right of every individual to be free through collaborative initiatives with local and international civil society initiatives and organizations. Freedom House are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, and Nations in Transit.
Freedom House’s Europe and Eurasia program is currently implementing a number of initiatives in Moldova, focusing on justice sector reform, anti-corruption initiatives and strengthening of the media sector. The Online Platform Facilitator will support the ongoing project Mobilizing Civil Society to Support Judicial Integrity in the Republic of Moldova, funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). As part of the project, Freedom House has supported the development of an online public engagement platform, Justice Moldova, to stimulate information sharing about the justice sector reform process and critical feedback from citizens and non-state institutions.
Description of Responsibilities
The Online Platform Facilitator will be primarily responsible for:
- Collecting, editing and posting information about the justice sector reform process and specific legislative initiatives
- Moderating participant activity on the online platform Justice Moldova
- Proactively reaching out and engaging government officials and civil society representatives regarding the content and participation on the online platform
- Actively promoting the online platform in social media
- Liaising with the online platform design team to resolve any technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- At least 1 year of experience in legal review and analysis; solid understanding of the legislative technique
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the public administration and nonprofit sectors; experience working with international nongovernmental organizations preferred
- Ability to translate complex legislative language into easily understandable concepts for everyday use by any individual
- Keen interest in citizen engagement and participation, motivation to exercise and promote active citizenship lifestyle
- Nuanced understanding on online public engagement techniques; online moderation experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage CRM platforms, SMM initiatives or similar IT solutions for public engagement online
- Proficiency and impeccable grammar in Romanian, Russian and English
This consulting position is part-time, based in Chisinau, Moldova and reporting to Local Project Coordinator. The anticipated work load is 15-20 hours per week, with the projected contract duration of one year. Freedom House will not sponsor residency or work permits for this position, therefore only applicants with the legal right to live and work in Moldova will be considered.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter detailing their motivation for this position, in English, to [email protected] by July 15, 2018, noting “Moldova Online Platform Moderator” in the subject line.