REPORT LAUNCH: Freedom on the Net 2022
The internet is becoming less free. At home and around the world, governments are breaking apart the global internet to create more controllable online spaces.
Join Freedom House for the launch of:
Freedom on the Net 2022:
Countering Authoritarian Overhaul of the Internet
October 18, 2022
Virtual Event (Zoom)
After presenting the report’s findings, Freedom House staff will be joined by a panel of experts for a discussion on global trends, country-specific findings, and best practices for how to protect human rights online:
- Michael J. Abramowitz, President, Freedom House
- Allie Funk, Research Director for Technology and Democracy and report co-author, Freedom House
- Ambassador Anne Marie Engtoft Larsen, Tech Ambassador, Denmark
- ‘Gbenga Sesan, Executive Director, Paradigm Initiative
- Adrian Shahbaz, Vice President, Research and Analysis and report co-author, Freedom House
- Alexandria Walden, Global Head of Human Rights, Google
Freedom on the Net 2022 will be released online at freedomhouse.org on October 18.
Cover illustration by Mitch Blunt