"Others In Their Own Land": Film Screening And Panel Discussion
Join the U.S. Baha'i Office of Public Affairs for film screening of "Others In Their Own Land" followed by a panel discussion.
What is behind the June-September 2022 surge in the persecution of the Baha'is in Iran? What impact has the persecution historically had on Iran's Baha'i community? What does it bode for the future?
Join us for a screening of “Others in Their Own Land: The Institutionalized Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran,” a film by Farid Haerinejad, who will speak, together with:
- Gerardo Berthin, Vice President, International Programs, Freedom House
- Elise Auerbach, Amnesty International, USA
- Eric Ueland, Commissioner, the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
"Others in Their Own Land" covers over a dozen aspects of the persecution of the Baha'is in Iran with compelling testimony from the families of some of those executed. Does Iran simply wish to "block" the "progress and development" of the Baha'i community or is something more in process?
Wednesday, September 28
5:30-9:00 p.m. EDT
For those not able to join in-person, the film can now be viewed via YouTube.
For those not able to join in-person, the live panel discussion at 7:10 PM can be accessed via Zoom.
Order of events:
- 5:30 PM: Refreshments (finger food and drinks)
- 6:15 PM: 54-minute screening of "Others in Their Own Land"
- 7:10 PM: Panel Discussion
- 8:20 PM: Closing Comments and Wishing All a Good Night
- 9:00 PM: Building Closes
COVID-19 masking required.
In-person attendance is free but with registration required.