REPORT LAUNCH: Freedom on the Net 2023
Advances in artificial intelligence are increasing the scale, speed, and efficiency of digital repression. These innovations are reshaping an internet already under serious threat.
Join Freedom House for the launch of Freedom on the Net 2023: The Repressive Power of Artificial Intelligence. Following a presentation on key findings from the 2023 report, experts will discuss global trends, country-specific developments, and best practices for how to protect internet freedom.
The event will feature:
- Welcome remarks from Freedom House President, Michael J. Abramowitz
- An overview of research findings from Allie Funk, Research Director for Technology and Democracy
- A brief message from Audrey Tang, Minister of Digital Affairs of Taiwan
A discussion with:
- Nighat Dad, Executive Director, Digital Rights Foundation
- Teresa Hutson, Corporate Vice President of Technology for Fundamental Rights, Microsoft
- Kara Swisher, Journalist
Freedom on the Net 2023 will be released online at freedomhouse.org on October 4 at 12:01am ET.
Learn more about Freedom on the Net
Global internet freedom declined for the 12th consecutive year in 2022, and governments are on a campaign to divide the open internet into a patchwork of repressive enclaves. Explore Freedom on the Net 2022: Countering an Authoritarian Overhaul of the Internet.