Freedom in the World
2015 Freedom in the World
Freedom in the World, Freedom House’s flagship publication, is the standard-setting comparative assessment of global political rights and civil liberties. Published annually since 1972, the survey ratings and narrative reports on 195 countries and 15 related and disputed territories are used by policymakers, the media, international corporations, civic activists, and human rights defenders to monitor trends in democracy and track improvements and setbacks in freedom worldwide. The Freedom in the World data and reports are available in their entirety on the Freedom House website.
This report was made possible by the generous support of the Lilly Endowment, the Schloss Family Foundation, the Smith Richardson Foundation, Kim G. Davis, and the Earhart Foundation. Freedom House also gratefully acknowledges the contributions of the 21st Century ILGWU Heritage Fund, The Reed Foundation, Leonard Sussman and the Sussman Freedom Fund, Diana Villiers Negroponte, and other private contributors.
Freedom in the World Comparative and Historical Data:
- Global country status overview, FIW 1973-2015 (PDF)
- Individual country ratings and status, FIW 1973-2015 (EXCEL)
- Individual Territory ratings and status, FIW 1973-2015 (EXCEL)
- Yearly country status breakdown by region (EXCEL)
- Regional country status breakdown by year (EXCEL)
- Link to Aggregate and Subcategory Scores
Electoral Democracy Data:
- Number and percentages of electoral democracies, FIW 1989-2015 (PDF)
- List of Electoral Democracies, FIW (1989-2015) (EXCEL)
Click the drop-down menu below to select an edition of Freedom in the World.